In this article we’ll delve into the signs that indicate investment opportunities in implementing a small business phone system
There are of course some circumstances that allow entrepreneurs to evade implementing a small business phone system, like utilizing mobile devices, Skype and other free communication apps; but at a certain point small businesses tend to grow too large to lack adequate communications solutions. This type of unsupported business growth can lead clients and customers to begin questioning whether or not a growing company is the best fit for their future endeavors, and that sentiment is something that all entrepreneurs must avoid at all costs!
So here in this article we’re going to discuss some of the signs that indicate a small business is ready to take their next step up by implementing a business phone system, and as always feel free to reach out to us so we can have one of our experts answer all your questions and concerns!
What Types Of Businesses Should Invest In A Small Business Phone System?
A general industry rule is that you should always make it easy for your customers to speak with your team when your business is oriented around selling products and services via a certain level of verbal explanations and sales tactics, so if your company is consistently speaking with clients in a sales environment then you definitely require a business phone system.
The following are some considerations to keep in mind that may suggest it’s the right time to upgrade to a business phone system:
- Your business sells products and services that require verbal explanations and sales pitches prior to customers committing to purchases.
- Your clients have unique needs that your team needs to fully understand in order to effectively fulfill sales processes.
- Your products and/or services have several different options that your clients will generally like to talk about to more fully understand.
- You and your team rely upon building lasting, personable relationships.
- Your answers to client inquiries are many times far too complex for emails or web chat.
- Your prices are too high for buyers to feel comfortable purchasing your products/services prior to speaking with one of your team members.
- Your clientele has a general demand to speak with real people when they have a question or concern.
- Your team frequently needs to collect and speak about sensitive information.
- Some of your employees work remotely or are often traveling while working, and still need to speak with customers.
- Your team frequently needs to transfer calls between each other in your office, or even across long distances for remote workers.
- Your customers live all across the world, and it’s important to you to provide them with an improved communications experience.
- It’s a goal of yours to improve your business’ image in terms of professionalism and size.
- You’re continuously answering calls every day to the point that it’s disrupting your other daily objectives.
- You’re often giving out your employees’ personal phone numbers and passing on client messages to their personal numbers.
Other Warning Signs That It’s Time To Invest In A Business Phone System
All of us at Data Talk have assisted countless companies in terms of investing in their first business phone system, and the following are some of the common issues we hear from our clients in terms of why they’ve decided it’s the right time to take the next step in their communication efforts:
- Missing out on sales opportunities
- Taking too many messages
- Not getting in touch with employees efficiently enough
- Being disrupted too often and not getting enough work completed
- Customer support complaints
- Team member privacy/Security
- Needing employees to have more remote access
- Adding locations and new offices
Important Considerations When Choosing Your Small Business Phone System
The following are five of the most important considerations to keep in mind while you’re shopping for a business phone system:
- Cloud Based Necessity: You should never consider any business phone solutions that still require you to utilize hardware and actual phone lines within your office.
- VoIP Necessity: Your business phone system should work over the Internet.
- True Mobility Support: It’s important to ensure that your phone system has all the necessary features to make using your mobile phone simple and easier when you’re away from your office. There are many business phone solutions that offer spotty call quality and limited features when it comes to mobile device usage, so it’s important to make sure you’re getting everything you need while you and your team members are on the go!
- Legacy User Support: This means that your phone solution should include all of the industry’s new technological advancements, while simultaneously cater to your team members that would rather stick to their desk phone.
- Invest In Modern Technology: There are countless business phone providers that have simply dressed up their outdated technology in new clothes and haven’t genuinely implemented technological advancements. Phone system providers like Data Talk will always be taking full advantage of these new technologies, and we also ensure that you’re using apps that are simple and easy to use like most people expect.
Reach Out To The Experts At Data Talk For More Information About Knowing When It’s Right to Upgrade Your Company’s Communication Efforts
There are countless reasons why your business may be ready to take the next step up in your communication efforts by implementing a state-of-the-art business phone system from the trusted industry experts at Data Talk. We’ve been in the industry for over 50 years, and we’ve continuously strived to do whatever it takes to remain on the cutting edge so our clients can reap the benefits of our services well into the future.
Feel free to contact us online or call us at 614-784-7100 today to get in touch with one of our experts who can answer your questions as we begin the process of setting you and your team up to reap the benefits of our business phone solutions!